Wii U sales in the U.S. and European markets were significantly lower than Nintendo’s original forecasts. Also, why the hell is Miiverse so depressing?
Full report available here. It’s quite long, so a few key points are below
- New sales projections: only Nintendo DS hardware and software sales projections remain the same, rest lowered.
- Nintendo 3DS continued to show strong sales in the Japanese market
- Nintendo 3DS did not reach sales targets in the overseas markets
- Nintendo 3DS became the top-selling platform in the last calendar year according to NPD
- Wii U sales in the U.S. and European markets were significantly lower than in Nintendo’s original forecasts
- In Europe, France was the only market in which Nintendo experienced relatively strong sales
- Both Wii U hardware and software sales experiencing a huge gap from their targets
- Global Wii U sales forecast cut by 70%, from 9 to 2.8 million units
- 3DS sales forecast cut from 18 million to 13.5 million units.
Further reading is available on Forbes.