An indie development studio called Ironward, hailing from my home country of Croatia, has launched a Kickstarter campaign for a new cooperative multiplayer title called The Red Solstice.
The Red Solstice is inspired by such classics as StarCraft and Dawn of War and features 8 player co-op multiplayer, 8 different classes and lots of other scifi gritty stuff. Basically, you play as a space marine on Mars and you get to do neat space marine stuff like shooting bloodthirsty monsters, saving survivors, fortifying your bases and shooting more bloodthirsty monsters. Pew pew. Some features and a trailer are below, and a free demo is available on the official site.
- 8 player co-op multiplayer
- Adrenaline filled and quick tactics focused gameplay
- 8 different classes that guarantee a radically different gameplay experience
- Experience based character advancement system
- Set on Mars during the huge storm called “the Red Solstice”
- Dark and gritty survival sci-fi story and setting
- Fight unending hordes of monsters during ~1 hour gaming sessions
- Scavenge for supplies, fortify the base, defend, evacuate
- Challenging Boss Fights