That’s monday in case you were wondering. Here’s a short video of the game.
Broforce is described as a co-operative patriotism simulator, and that’s accurate but to be more specific it’s also a retro 2D action platformer which pays homage to cheesy and completely bad-ass 80s action movies. According to Polygon, even playable characters are based on “well-known action heroes, including Rambo, the Terminator and Sarah Connor, Die Hard’s John McClane, Chuck Norris, Mr. T and Alien‘s Ellen Ripley.” Some more features below and a free brototype is available on the official site.
FULL GAME FEATURES:
- More explosions, camera shake and action than anything else, ever.
- Fully destructible terrain.
- Local Bro-op play and online multiplayer bro-op.
- Deathmatch arenas with leaderboards and rankings.
- Unlockable “bros” – each with distinctive attacks and special brobilities.
- A level editor, the ability to challenge your friends and share your custom levels.
- Design your own Brofort – with unlockable rooms and additions to defend against terrorist onslaught, or just hang out.
- Vehicular action sequences, dinosaurs, aliens and epic Contra-inspired boss fights.
- Nuanced and strategic combat, explosive action and deadly stealth.
- For every terrorist killed in Broforce, a terrorist will die in real life.