MechRunner is an ‘endless runner’ action game that casts you as a powerful mech. The game should release in July on PC, PlayStation 4 and PS Vita.
According to the devs, MechRunner is feature complete, fully playable and they could “just stick a bow on it and kick it out the door”. However, Spark Plug is launching a $25k Kickstarter campaign to smooth out the edges and just overall polish the game before its release. Anyway, here are some MechRunner features:
- Meticulously detailed, fast-paced action
- Switch between Tank and Robot modes on the fly
- Slice & Dice enemy units with your swords
- Extensive arsenal of weapons, customizations, and power-ups
- Unique environments that blend seamlessly together
- Procedurally generated levels for endless variety
- Numerous enemy types with different tactics
- Epic boss battles!
- Dynamic environment obstacles
- Unlockable skins, upgrades, and achievements
- Rescue civilians for extra points and rewards
- Amazing Hollywood quality soundtrack
- Optional controls – play with a mouse or controller