The compilation featuring re-mastered and improved versions of both Metro 2033 and Metro: Last Light is supposed to release this summer on PC, PS4 and the Xbox One. Dedicated Linux and SteamOS versions will also release later this year.
Here are the overhauls for the Redux edition of both titles:
- The original game has been rebuilt in the latest and greatest iteration of the 4A Engine, bringing all the graphical and gameplay improvements from Last Light to Metro 2033 Redux
- Enjoy completely re-mastered visuals: advanced lighting, dynamic weather, more detailed characters with improved animation, more dynamic destruction and improved smoke, fire and particle effects
- Experience radically improved gameplay: advanced enemy AI, improved combat and stealth mechanics, superior weapon handling and more responsive, intuitive controls plus signature features from Last Light such as the atmospheric ‘mask wipe’ mechanic, weapon customisation, and silent kills and take-downs
Metro: Last Light:
- Received a graphical face-lift and gameplay improvements that carry across both titles, including new melee animations, and the fan requested ‘Check Watch’ and ‘Check Inventory’ features.
- It also includes all previously released Season Pass add-on content – a further 10 hours of single-player gameplay.
And here are some further additions
With Metro Redux, players now have the choice to experience both Metro games the way they want with the introduction of two unique ‘Play Styles.’
Those who favoured the more survival horror oriented gameplay of Metro 2033 can play both campaigns in the ‘Survival’ Play Style, a fraught slow-burn fight for survival with limited resources, deadlier enemy AI, and slower reload speeds. Those who enjoyed the more action oriented gameplay of Metro: Last Light can try the ‘Spartan’ Play Style, providing Artyom with a powerful set of combat skills and more plentiful resources.
In addition, the legendary Ranger Mode returns to both games, providing the most immersive and challenging experience as the HUD is stripped away and hardcore rules apply.