To be more specific, InSomnia is an “atmospheric single-player/co-op RPG set in a “living” dieselpunk sandbox with real-time tactical gameplay”. Yup. It sure is.
For more info on the Studio MONO project check out the Kickstarter. InSomnia is in the works for PC, Mac and Linux and if all goes well, and I don’t see why it shouldn’t, it’ll release Q4 2015. Here are some main features of the game:
- Experience a dieselpunk RPG with Noir stylings featuring man made apocalyptic landscapes imbued with a dark, ambient soundtrack and echoes of a post-war civilization.
- Play through the atmospheric single-player campaign alone or co-op with friends.
- Develop your character through tactical real-time combat in single player and co-op scenarios, combining hundreds of skills and abilities, along with managing a huge amount of customizable items and equipment for an experience unique to every player
- Survive starvation, extreme weather conditions and injuries directly affecting your character’s well-being. Search for valuable technology and resources and find them in unexpected places.
- Break free from leveling systems, character classes and unwanted grind with a flexible classless system and storytelling encouraging unorthodox approaches.
- Enjoy randomly generated events and missions in both single player and co-op that makes each of your playthroughs more unique and interesting.
- FREE post-release support – we will regularly release minor content updates, which will allow you to participate in various additional scenarios, each of them will add more depth and details to mysterious world of InSomnia. with rich storylines updated every 2-3 months with both single player and co-op in mind.
- Embark on non-linear quests and missions -each of them can be solved by using a variety of different (and sometimes unexpected) solutions.
- DRM Free & Steam version – backers will recieve both DRM Free and Steam versions of the game